Thursday 9 June 2011

enough

It won't ever be enough to just see your thoughts spelled out
shaped into jagged sigils of assumed meaning, loaded with
ions
from the stars and your finger tips

it won't ever be enough to hear your voice
cautious and quick, even sometimes a whisper
and oh when you whisper
and the pointed lines of your personal gasp
slips
through
your lips

but when I can feel your skin between the lines
of my finger tips
and see the star dust left over
from our arrogance at skipping over fumbling
and fucking
when I can feel golden and safe
sheltered from the lack of importance
of our beeps and clicks
and find that deep, crackling hum

it will be enough

it will be enough

and I will carry it
wrapped in flowers and linen
in a glass bottle
with a rubber top

so when hear your voice
I can wring it's edges
and breath in our frayed,
fourth dimensional
meeting
and it will be enough

it will be enough

so when I see your thoughts spelled out
bent around gullys in the cosmic river of
the visions before me
I can rub my fingers across the letters,
coating them with ions from
the star stuff you're made of

No comments:

Post a Comment